Star Wars Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

+2
Darth Macht
The Force
6 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by Emjajoas Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Understandably. Actually, we were thinking of maybe delving into NJO as well, but the Old Republic is definitely an option.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

ID : Emjajoas1

Back to top Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. - Page 2 Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 pm

I activated Quick Reply so we can be that much lazier. Razz

Also, TOR is fine with me, I'm actually itching to play a character other than Shadow Warrior. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

ID : spacedude1234567

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:11 pm

TOR includes KOTOR, correct? Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:24 am

Thanks for the Quick Reply option. That's the only way I ever post 95% of the time. Razz

NJO sounds good to me too. And yes, TOR includes KOTOR, at least in my opinion. Yes, the RPGs and the MMO are quite some years apart, but they do not really deserve separate role-plays, at least in my opinion.
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:45 pm

We'd most likely make it in the Old Republic timeline, as in before Revan's rise to power. And as far as the Quick Reply goes we need to change some things because the grey text doesn't show up well on a white backdrop.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:47 am

The Mandalorian Wars? I'm all for that.

And I'll see what I can do.
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:54 am

Gotta love CSS. I made the background of the post box actually INVISIBLE. If you think it should be a little darker than the rest of the forum, or even completely black, just lemme know.

Also, if you post on the Admin account, please tag your nickname/name onto the end so people know who's actually posting. Unless you're posting officially, of course, like posting rules or stuff, then you can add "~The Staff"

~SD
The Force
The Force

Administrator

ID : The Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Sounds good to me. And this looks good, too. Nice work.

~Will do.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:21 pm

Wait, if we do Mando wars, that was before the Sith came to power. The Sith were gone for a long time Until Revan and Malak brought the teachings back. So if we do it before Revan's rise, there wont be Sith really.

And I need to be a Sith. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 pm

You COULD be a Dark Jedi. Razz

~SD
The Force
The Force

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Yeah, I think it will be fine as there was a lot of strife in the Jedi Order at the time: Fight the Mandos, or stay out of the war, which basically caused a rift in the Order. It'd be an interesting balance to see how the Jedi play in the role-play, and I am all for it. And, if you really needed to be a true Sith or whatever, I'm sure we could bend the rules a little bit, or incorporate the end of the war and return of Revan and Malak later.
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:43 pm

Hmmm... I'm not sure. We'll fit the Sith Empire in anyways.
We could make this somewhat of an alternate universe type thing too. I know you were fond of the idea, Cbm.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm

Well, there were a decent amount of Dark Jedi in the Sith Empire. There's a whole academy on Korriban full of 'em, plus ones that were in the Mandalorian Wars and stuff.

I think we're going with post-Revan-and-Malak-turning-to-the-Dark-Side.

Or we could even go with an era AFTER Malak's death, with basically remnants of the Sith Empire and the Republic forces still kicking each others' shebs all over the galaxy. That's a good idea.

~SD
The Force
The Force

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am

Before or after Revan's disappearance?
Either way, works well enough for me.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:09 am

Doesn't really matter to me. Obviously, even with Malak's death, there's going to be remnants of the Sith forces roaming around causing trouble, perhaps even making coordinated attacks.

I'm reminded of Battlefront II's campaign, when the 501st still has to clean up the mess of the Clone Wars after the Emperor takes control. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 am

That was a pretty cool campaign. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:00 pm

Personally, I have no problem with more Clone Wars roleplay (I've grown attached to it!) but I'd enjoy something different. So TOR Era? Sounds great!

I'd just have to find a good character... Cool

Now, about force and equipment usage... do we want to limit usage of The Force (not you SD, the in-universe power) to Jedi and Sith? Will we have "Grey" Jedi? Could anyone besides the Mandalorians use beskar? What about lightsabers?

Sorry, that was a bit too many questions... I can get carried away sometimes...

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:29 pm

I would say yes, yes, no, anyone can use them. Razz

~SD
The Force
The Force

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:06 pm

We're leaving most things open to creativity, but things will be loosely based on canon.
So like, the Republic won't have Clones in TOR. Mandalorians will have Beskar but nobody else will. Etc, etc.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:17 pm

Emjajoas wrote:We're leaving most things open to creativity, but things will be loosely based on canon.
So like, the Republic won't have Clones in TOR. Mandalorians will have Beskar but nobody else will. Etc, etc.

Okay. So this RP is much less... JJS approved? Razz

(No offense to JJS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey Firox! Glad to see you on here.

For era, I think we should do it before/during the events of KOTOR if we want more fleet battles, and we should do it after Malak's death if we want more one-on-one battles, seeing how the Sith Forces were pretty badly destroyed. Basically, the Sith had there own civil war for a while smashing each other to pieces, before starting the triumvirate. If we push it back a few more years, it'll be the Jedi who are in shambles after the first purge. So, we basically have three things to choose from in my opinion...
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:22 am

Phinn Master wrote:Hey Firox! Glad to see you on here.

For era, I think we should do it before/during the events of KOTOR if we want more fleet battles, and we should do it after Malak's death if we want more one-on-one battles, seeing how the Sith Forces were pretty badly destroyed. Basically, the Sith had there own civil war for a while smashing each other to pieces, before starting the triumvirate. If we push it back a few more years, it'll be the Jedi who are in shambles after the first purge. So, we basically have three things to choose from in my opinion...

Nice to see you too, PHINN. Seems like all the old members are showing up... excluding me, of course, you guys vastly outrank me in time spent on the MB's....

I think we should go for a more even ground i.e., a time when the Jedi and Sith were about equal in forces...

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:27 am

Yep, we're doing our best to collect people who are semi-inactive on/retired from the LMB's. RC and JJ are waiting in the wings somewhere. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Firox: Yeah, so I'm thinking we do it as the war between the Republic/Jedi and Revan and Malak is going.
By the way, SD, are we using quotes on this forum? Usually we just reply to most things. And also, hasn't RC joined? I saw him on the memberlist, but he hasn't posted yet. JJ said he'd join as soon as he had more time...
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I think we should save quotes for, uh, actually quoting things. Since there's no wait for moderation like on the LMB's, you don't have to quote everything so people know what post you're replying to. Razz

~SD
The Force
The Force

Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next