Star Wars Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

+2
Darth Macht
The Force
6 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. Empty PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by The Force Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:01 pm

So... here we'll discuss like... everything related to setting up the forum, from what eras we want to whether or not cheese puffs will be legal. (I mean, they're not canon, but they're soooo goooood)
The Force
The Force

Administrator

ID : The Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by Darth Macht Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:37 pm

I personally feel we should have at least 2-3 separate eras/roleplays. Make things more interesting. Also, if we do have multiple eras, is it possible that one of them can be a semi-alternate universe roleplay? Specifically if we do a KOTOR Era roleplay, that would be good for Semi-alternate universe I think.

Also, Eras I would like:
KOTOR Era/Jedi Civil War
Bane Era
Clone Wars
Galactic Empire Era
New Republic Era up to the stuff involving the Yuzan Vong.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff. Empty Re: PRIMARY DISCUSSION TOPIC. And... stuff.

Post by Emjajoas Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:56 am

Bane era is a little bit... No, we can't do Bane era. So much happened then that would be too difficult to implement in the roleplay.
Other than that, Old Republic Eras are always nice, and the Clone Was and Galatic Civil are a given.
We haven't ever done any New Republic stuff, but if we did, I'd say it should be after the Vong war, because during it... Well. Unless we had some sort of RP with our characters actually combatting the Vong. And before the Vong... Hmmm. It'd be too similar to the Galatic Civil if it was before the Vong.

You'll have to explain this "Alternate universe" to me, because I don't really see the point. As in an "Alternate universe" with no laws or anything relating to the actual canon universe? If so, that's a little... Weird. I'm not sure if we could or should do that.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

ID : Emjajoas1

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 am

An alternate universe... simply put, it's... well, the same time period as the canon, but... different.

For instance, one of my planned stories took part (at least some of it did) in an alternate universe where the Invisible Hand was accidentally destroyed over Coruscant with Obi-Wan, Anikan, and the Chancellor on board, after Dooku was killed and Grievous escaped.
The Force
The Force

Administrator

ID : The Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:02 am

I need to stop posting on the admin account. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

ID : spacedude1234567

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah, you do. Razz

That might be interesting, if, say... Hmmm. I'll see if I can plan something out.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I gave myself and the admin account avvies. Like the one for The Force? Dun'mess with the staff or they'll use their Force Lightning on you. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm not too fond of Palpatine. Might be better to make it Revan-- He was the Prodigal Knight and took both the Dark path, and the Light. He would symbolize the staff better-- We're neither dark, nor light, but an amalgamation of both that makes a super epic combination. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 pm

How's that one? Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:22 pm

By semi-alternate universe, I mean that it is in the same setting, but different thigns can happen. For example, if we did KOTOR Era, lets say right after Reven died or something, I would want to introduce my character, Darth Macht, and have him go on a huge conquest to try and take over the galaxy. There was no attempt by anyone named Darth Macht to take over the galaxy at that point. So basically, with semi-alternate universe, we start out right after a certain major event, in this example, after Revan dies. Then after that, in that particular roleplay, story wise, none of it is really considered canon. We can do basically whatever we want with the galaxy from that point forward. We could blow up Kashyyyk if we wished, and if we had the realistic ability to do so. The only thing that stays the same in semi-alternate universe, is technology, ships, and weapons. They stay realistic to that Era. For example, there would not be a Death Star in KOTOR Era. We keep to the same weapons, ships, and other tech from that time period, but story wise, we can basically do what we want, overall.

Hopefully I explained it alright. If I need to clarify anything, let me know.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:50 pm

I think it's perfect, SD. Razz

Yeah, I get it now. I'll play around with that, maybe, see what I can do. Thing with KotOR though is Revan's too great to die. Razz
But really, I'll see what I can do.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:55 pm

I suppose we'll mostly use PM's for player-to-player secret communication, but if you wanna post a jammed message to a more general group, or it's simply a quick message and not an actual conversation, use the spoiler tag, like this.

Code:
[spoiler=JAMMERS ON - #FACTION/PLAYERS# ONLY]#SUPER-SECRET JAMMED MESSAGE#[/spoiler]

For example:

JAMMERS ON - EM AND CBM ONLY:
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 pm

I do have a question. Are we going to allow spying in this roleplay, or not? Like, having someone sneak into the ranks of another faction for intel? I personally feel it has it positives and negatives.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:31 pm

It'd obviously be VERY difficult, and getting caught would have... severe consequences, including no one ever trusting you again. Razz

As the leaders of each faction will have the final say in who actually has access to the faction usergroup and thus the hidden subforum where all the plans are, you might essentially have to work your way up and earn their trust before it would pay off.

So I say yes, it won't be against the rules... we're going for realism here, because that's the easiest way to keep things fun. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Pretty much, yeah. And only one character per person sounds fair, too.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:23 pm

One character per account per era, yes. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Okay, what about fanon rules? I know we're gonig to allow it, but to what extent? And who's going to be the judge of realism?
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

I dunno, honestly. I think, for the most part, it would be fairly apparent what is realistic and what is not.
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Alright, so we won't govern any fanon unless there's a complaint issued to either you or myself, or a topic leader.
As far as upgrades go, as long as it makes sense from a scientific point of view, we should be fine as well.
Mmmmm... Other than that, most kit should be allowed as well, but still be dependent on faction. Jedi and Sith shouldn't be running around with Beskar.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Jedi and Sith shouldn't WANT to be running around with Beskar. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Very good point, my dear boy, but based on our recent LMB experiences... Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 pm

True, true. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Oh hi guys. I thought I'd join your merry little band of roleplayers. Razz

Anyway, I think we should start out with just one era first, so things aren't too confusing. My preference would be The Old Republic era, just to mix things up. As for Fanon, I personally have no problem with it.
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:33 pm

Yeah, we were going to start with just one era. So you think we should use the Old Republic? I'm all for it, if SD is.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah, but if you guys want to try something completely different, I am fine with it. I just don't want to do more Clone Wars and Galactic Civil War roleplaying.
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next