Star Wars Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

+3
Darth Macht
Darth Mortilis
Emjajoas
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:31 am

Which was a pretty large feat. It is no easy task to hide the existence of someone as powerful as he was for as long as he did. and he landed a crippling blow to the Jedi at the same time, knocking out the majority of both his enemies.

and again, Revan may have known more powers, but he had been training in the force his entire life. Bane new fewer powers, but was stronger with the powers he did have than Revan had been.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 am

@MD

Em and SD invited me at about the same time as Cbm, it was pretty early on. Really just the five of us were active, counting PHINN. Micah had joined but wasn't too active yet...

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 am

Wait, Cbm, you're saying that because Revan actually did train all his life and had time to master both Light and Dark sides of the Force, Bane is going to win in a fight because he trained for less time?
That makes no sense. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

ID : Emjajoas1

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:55 am

@Firox:

Oh, okay...

I found out because of JJS. I then asked Em if I could join, and he said sure. Razz
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

ID : MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:06 pm

No, I'm saying that Bane was able to reach Revan's level with less training, proving Bane's superiority. It took Revan his whole life to get to the point, but Bane got to that point in just a year or 2.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Micah Stone Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 pm

Honestly I don't think it's really fair to compare the two.

Revan was introduced to the force at a very early age, whereas Bane was not formerly introduced to it until he was in his early to mid-twenties.
True, Revan did have greater knowledge and a wider variety of force powers, but in terms of raw power, Revan does not seem to have been exceptional in his command of the force, compared to others of his time.

On the other hand, Bane had a massive amount of raw power and a close affinity to the force. Without any training he regularly received "visions" of the near future, and on at least one occasion he performed an extraordinary feat with a sniper rifle when assaulting a republic outpost (those of you who have read Darth Bane: Path of Destruction should remember this).
Once he began actual training (and even this training was not the best, as the teachers at the Sith Academy were extremely weak when compared to past sith), he excelled. Bane underwent the transformation of someone who could occasionally (but not volitionally) perform incredible feats for a normal human, to being the most powerful sith alive in around 4 to 6 years. An attribute that Revan simply can't claim.

In fact, even after all his learning, once Revan became a "good guy" and supposedly "mastered" both sides of the force, he was still pitifully inadequate against the Sith Emperor, who defeated him despite having Revan's droid set him on fire during their fight.

To compare the two in terms of force power. Revan was practically manhandled by the Sith emperor (showing that Revan clearly did not have the strongest affinity to the force during his time), whereas Bane became unmatched by any sith, and probably most, if not all Jedi. It is clear that Revan had a wider range of force powers, but Bane seems to have the upper hand when it comes to how strong in the force they actually were.

So, who was most powerful? I'm not sure. But before we start bowing down to Revan as some sort of demi-god, let's stop and consider that Bane was far more than just a Sith with a whole lot of "brute strength".
Micah Stone
Micah Stone

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:10 pm

You know what... Even though this is a roleplaying forum, we should totally have an Off Topic section where we can debate who would win in a fight (Canderous Ordo vs. Boba Fett? Nomi Sunrider vs. Bastilla Shan?) and discuss great Star Wars books. Just sayin'.... Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:27 pm

I would agree with that. Razz

Also, gotta agree with Micah on this one. For once.... Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:39 pm

Yes, we definitely need an off-topic subforum. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:15 pm

I agree too... it'd be nice to have a place to talk up storms on Sith Swords, and whatnot. If you hadn't noticed, I'm a big fan of the Sith. Razz
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

ID : MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Ugh, fine, I'll stop being lazy and open the admin account on Opera. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

ID : spacedude1234567

Back to top Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? - Page 2 Empty TO MOVE AND WHATNOT

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:26 pm

Just have it be a SW related off topic forum. Razz

So, we still have to talk about SW, but it can be ANYTHING about SW, not just roleplay. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? - Page 2 Empty Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Since we have a real place to talk about this now, I thought I would make a topic. Razz

Now I just need to copy/paste what I said already... Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Don't bother. I can transfer it.
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Awesome, thanks .Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

Revan. Question answered, thread closed. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Uh, no. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 pm

Two votes Revan.
Voting is now closed, along with the thread. Have a nice day. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:33 pm

Your supposed to give like, arguments and stuff. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 pm

His very title is all the argument you need. The Prodigal Knight. I rest my case. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Last edited by Darth Macht on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 pm

And I'm going to, when I'm not bogged down by hours of homework. I've got a lot more to do than sit around and work on a forum all day. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 pm

...Really? Razz Thats news to me. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by The Force Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 pm

*Sigh.* Good enough.
The Force
The Force

Administrator

ID : The Forum Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:18 pm

I vote for Revan! Case closed now? Razz
I already made my point. I am too lazy to post more stuff about how much better he is.
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum