Star Wars Roleplays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

+3
Darth Macht
Darth Mortilis
Emjajoas
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? Empty Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Emjajoas Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:11 pm

...I must concur with SD. Revan is the best. Period. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

ID : Emjajoas1

Back to top Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? Empty Re: Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Contraire.

Nihilus has the ability to absorb other's life force, particularly those who are connected to the Force. The reason Nihilus died in the first place, was because Meetra countered his ability with her own, and might I add, unique ability. Revan does not possess that ability to counter Nihilus, so Nihilus would consume him.

Nihilus is the best, and would defeat Revan.
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

ID : MinifigDesigner

Back to top Go down

Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane? Empty Re: Who would win: Darth Revan or Darth Bane?

Post by Emjajoas Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:44 pm

Cite the source that says the only person that can counter Nihilus' hunger is the Exile, please. Razz
On top of that, Revan had a unique ability of his own-- Unlike most Force users, he was both a Sith Lord and a Jedi master-- At the same time. He had both the Light and Dark side at his disposal in their entirety. He was the Prodigal Knight-- The strength of both the Light and Dark side, weakness of neither.
It is also hinted at that Revan taught the Exile. If the Exile could counter Nihilus, it's easy to assume Revan could as well.
On top of that, Nihilus and Sion were both taught by Kreia-- Who taught Revan. It would be safe to assume that, because of this, the way they use the Force would be known to Revan and, due to this, he would be able to counter Nihilus and overpower Nihilus.

Nihilus also wasn't a True Sith, thus he can't be the best Sith. Razz

PS: This isn't really the place for a debate though.
You're welcome to your opinion, but 90% of the people here will agree that Revan is better. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:04 pm

...I still like Nihilus better. Razz

Hey Em, how exactly do I "join" the Sith?
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:11 pm

You are all wrong.

Bane wiped out all the Sith, AND a HUGE amount of Jedi in a single battle.

Bane is the best. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

ID : captainBrickmaster/cBm

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Yeah, because he had that Orbilisk armor, and whatnot. Some Jedi reflected his lightning, and he nearly died. Razz Bane isn't the best. Razz

Hullo Cbm. xD
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:27 pm

Em and SD are right. Revan is the best by far and away. Nihilius just wasn't that great of a Sith. Razz

Anyway, hi MD. How'd you find out about the forum?
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

ID : Phinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Hiya Phinn! JJ told me about it, and I asked Em if I could join, so yeah. Razz

I just didn't know if ya'll would be okay with it or not...
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:31 pm

Ya, but Revan got turned back to the light. While he was a Sith, he was great. But just the fact that he allowed himself to be taken down by Malak at first and have the Jedi mess with his mind makes him lose MASSIVE points.

and the key word is nearly. Razz He did not actually die from it. and ya, as I said, he wiped out millions upon millions of people, without any machines, weapons, and he himself did not even use the force to defeat them. He just used the power of manipulation and deceit, something only true Sith can use effectively.

So, he is by far the best.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 pm

Bane manipulated others to destroy the current Sith order. They destroyed themselves, he didn't destroy them. That's not going to let him defeat Revan. Besides, Bane revered Revan-- For a stang good reason, too. On top of that, Zannah completely destroyed Bane. Razz

Revan did become a Jedi after losing his memory-- And then became the Prodigal Knight after gaining all of his memory back. Revan's neither Jedi nor Sith. He's the best of both. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

Spoilers man, I have not made it to book 3 yet. Razz

and ya, he learned from Revan's teachigns, but then improved upon his methods. He took something good and made it great.

And while they technically destroyed themselves, HE is the one who manipulated them into doing so. In the end, it was all his doing. and Bane probably could beat Revan in a fight. Revan's strength was tactics. But Bane was even better at tactics and manipulation. and when it comes to brute strength, Bane easily has Revan beat.

So bane is still the best. Razz
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Then you should have said so!

Revan had more strength than just tactics. Revan's strength lied in his knowledge of both sides, a knowledge Bane did not possess.
And brute strength, yes-- But Revan also had finesse, and skill beyond that of "Brute strength," as you put it.
And, coming down to it, most members would agree that Revan wins anyways. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Brute strength? You think brute strength would be why Bane could beat Revan? Revan was a master fighter with no equal at the height of his powers, and he would still have better tactics than Bane. And Em...
Spoiler:

Revan is the best! Razz

MD: Cool, glad you joined!
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Emjajoas Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Phinn:
Spoiler:

And yeah, pretty much what Phinn said. Razz
Emjajoas
Emjajoas

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Spoiler:
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:19 pm

@Phinn: Eh, really? O_o I thought I was disturbing the oldtimers around here (Razz)....well, I'm glad you guys find it otherwise! Smile
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I don't know anything about Nihilus. Razz

I just like Revan a lot.

But I like T3-M4 and HK-47 the best. Hope you don't mind. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:04 pm

FIROX?! You're here too? O_o
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:07 pm

In-deed. Razz

Nice to see you. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:10 pm

Wow, it's great to see a familiar face! Very Happy

I mean, I already know everyone here...well, I wasn't exactly on the greatest terms with everybody here a long time ago. But that's changed. I'm just kind of surprised...I didn't think I'd see you here too. But it's awesome. Very Happy What faction are you in?
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Sith. I'm not a Sith, just an Admiral working with the Sith. And I have some other characters too... none of them force-sensitive. I was never much for that sort of thing... Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Mortilis Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm

Eh, that's fine. Razz I just started, so I'm obviously just Darth Mortilis for now...yeah, I'm a Sith. Razz

How did you find about this forum?
Darth Mortilis
Darth Mortilis
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by N-13 "Galaar" Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:24 pm

And let's not forget Revan's command of Dominate Mind. Razz
N-13
N-13 "Galaar"

ID : spacedude1234567

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Macht Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 pm

I never said brute strength was the only reason he would beat Revan, just one of them. and yes, Bane was better at tactics than Revan. As I said, Revan was good, but Bane took what Revan had, and made it better. Basically the whole point of Bane is an improved version of Revan. Also, Bane is stronger in both brute strength, and probably about equal in command of the force. Bane learned some of the most complicated techniques in incredibly fast periods of time, and that was without any formal training until he was well into his 20s or 30s. Revan was taught the ways of the force his entire life, but Bane started his learning far later on in life, and still at LEAST became Revan's equal.
Darth Macht
Darth Macht

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Phinn Master Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:58 am

Brute strength I will concede to Bane, but Revan had faaaaar greater control of the Force. He had every dark side power Bane had plus every Light side power, being a true master of both sides of the Force, who none could equal. As for tactics, Revan was a master tactician and was able to win the Mandalorian Wars, the Jedi Civil War, and go on to fight the "great evil". All's Bane did was kill off all the Sith and hide their order. Razz
Phinn Master
Phinn Master

The Brotherhood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum